Harold M. – “The atmosphere of being in your own home makes all the difference.”
Minnie R. – “I enjoy my nurse and I enjoy being at home and having dialysis.”
Dr. Morris Tobin – “The advantage is that you are getting professional care in the home situation. That is why I refer to it as the Cadillac of hemodialysis.”
We all prayed for help…and ALL of you were there! Ben, Lou, Clay, and his dog. Also Shawna- from Kansas like Ralph!! Also Lou’s sister, and the excellent tech guys that set up the system! You all fought so very hard to help dad! And you did! He has a chance! He is eating again and has had so many family members bitemay to see him this week. He has visitors as he is in dialysis! He is not alone at a facility 30 miles away, he is not on his sore areas, he is not being hauled back and forth. We are looking forward to his 83rd birthday on April 24th!!!! We did not think we would even have him for last Christmas. With the hope you offered, we made it through Christmas, Mom’s birthday, and their 61st Wedding Anniversary!!!! He had given up until you offered hope. You have changed so many lives in our family. Thank you all for your care and work and for this true miracle.
Examples of how early implementation of our program could reduce the length of stay in Hospitals:
- Patient T.D., Baylor University Medical Center, over 385 days of hospital stay. Case: tracheostomy and ESRD on dialysis. This patient could have been discharged 180 days earlier.
- Patient K.H., Presbyterian Hospital – Dallas, over 180 days of hospital stay. Case: tracheostomy and ESRD on dialysis, could have been discharged 60 days earlier. Discharged to SNF with staff assist dialysis.
- Patient T. K., ETMC Tyler, weekly admission to the hospital for compassionate dialysis. Case: behavioral issues and ESRD on dialysis. Discharge to home with staff-assisted dialysis.
- Patient P.B., Baylor University Medical Center, over 180 days of hospital stay. Case Fractured Spine, Paraplegic, and ESRD on dialysis, could have been discharged 45 days earlier. Discharged to SNF with staff assist dialysis
- Patient G.H., Kindred Dallas Central, over 400 days at LTACH. Case: Ventilator and ESRD on dialysis. Discharge to home with staff-assisted dialysis.