How to Start Services
Simple 3 Steps
- Administrative: Call our office at 972-772-2565 or fax demographics to 972-772-2566 to receive a free consultation regarding insurance eligibility.
- Clinical: Once your insurance is verified as eligible for Staff-Assisted Dialysis service, we perform Clinical Assessment that includes a medical record review to check Patient Admission Qualifier, medical necessity and approval by our Medical Director, a Face-to-Face assessment, a home evaluation and finally, water sampling.
- Admission: Upon Clinical endorsement for admission, equipment is installed, a nurse admits the patient to service and begin hemodialysis treatment. Patient will have an experienced dialysis nurse to perform the procedure
Patient Admission Qualifier
Freedom at Home Dialysis is a unique service limited to patients who are “non-admission” to the in-center dialysis facility. The “non-admission” can be temporary, and FAHD will provide TRANSITIONAL CARE. Freedom at Home Dialysis is a managed care program for staff-assisted dialysis as we approach each complex patient holistically. Patients can only be admitted to the program if a statement of medical necessity or letter of medical necessity from the attending physician.
These are the categories of the patients we see:
Admission Qualifier Categories
- Wound Care (Complicated Wound Issues)
- Bed Bound Patient (Requiring Stretcher And Ambulance Transport)
- Tracheostomy or on Vent
- Morbidly Obese Patients (Declined By Centers)
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s/Mental Retardation
- Psychological Disorder
- Complex Post Hospital DC (Immunocompromised, Chemotherapy, others)
- In-Center Non-Compliance And Receiving Hospital Dialysis
- Failed PD With Complications
- Post Surgery Complications
CONVENIENCE is NOT an Admission Qualifier for the program!
We are a credentialed managed care provider for the following commercial Insurance companies: Amerigroup, Molina Health Care, Superior Health Plan, United Health Care (UHC) and Cigna. We DO NOT accept Traditional Medicare or Medicaid plans.