Freedom at Home Dialysis had helped various hospitals and LTACH mitigate their Length Of Stay for patients on hemodialysis. Those patients with open tracheostomy, ventilator, complex open wound, or those who simply could not go to the in-center dialysis clinics or have been refused or denied admission by the clinics for any reason. FAHD also helped patients with proper insurance that are on compassionate dialysis care at the hospital. Make Freedom at Home Dialysis be a part of your discharge plan for this kind of patient.
We are Zero Deficiency on our November 2017 State Survey for Staff Assist Dialysis.
Benefit to the hospital or ltach
Length Of Stay
Our Staff Assisted Dialysis program can assist with Hospitals & LTACH’s when attempting to discharge complex dialysis patients with complications such as Tracheostomy, Ventilator, LVAD, behavioral issues, bedbound, or that dialysis clinics declined admission of the patient.
Ease On Transfer Of Care
Freedom at Home Dialysis Staff Assist Dialysis has partnered with several Skilled Nursing Facilities in the Dallas, Ft. Worth Metroplex to help expedite the process of Hospital and LTACH discharges. If one of our SNF partners accepts the patient, we can see the patient within 48 hours.
Freedom at Home Dialysis Staff Assist Dialysis has partnered with several board-certified nephrologists and SNF’s in the Dallas, Ft. Worth, and East Texas areas to transitionally care for the patients as needed wherever they will be dialyzed, either home or SNF.
Examples of how early implementation of our program could reduce the length of stay in Hospitals:
- Patient T.D., Baylor University Medical Center, over 385 days of hospital stay. Case: tracheostomy and ESRD on dialysis. This patient could have been discharged 180 days earlier.
- Patient K.H., Presbyterian Hospital – Dallas, over 180 days of hospital stay. Case: tracheostomy and ESRD on dialysis, could have been discharged 60 days earlier. Discharged to SNF with staff assist dialysis.
- Patient T. K., ETMC Tyler, weekly admission to the hospital for compassionate dialysis. Case: behavioral issues and ESRD on dialysis. Discharged to home with staff-assisted dialysis.
- Patient P.B., Baylor University Medical Center, over 180 days of hospital stay. Case Fractured Spine, Paraplegic, and ESRD on dialysis, could have been discharged 45 days earlier. Discharged to SNF with staff-assisted dialysis
- Patient G.H., Kindred Dallas Central, over 400 days at LTACH. Case: Ventilator and ESRD on dialysis. Discharged to home with staff-assisted dialysis.
We are a credentialed managed care provider for the following commercial Insurance companies: Amerigroup, Molina Health Care, Superior Health Plan, United Health Care (UHC) and Cigna. We DO NOT accept Traditional Medicare or Medicaid plans.