Freedom at Home Dialysis is a unique service limited to patients who are “non-admission” to the in-center dialysis facility. The “non-admission” can be temporary, and FAHD will provide TRANSITIONAL CARE. Freedom at Home Dialysis is a managed care program for staff-assisted dialysis as we approach each complex patient holistically. Patients can only be admitted to the program if a statement of medical necessity or letter of medical necessity from the attending physician.
These are the categories of the patients we see:
Admission Qualifier Categories
- Wound Care (Complicated Wound Issues)
- Bed Bound Patient (Requiring Stretcher And Ambulance Transport)
- Morbidly Obese Patients (Declined By Centers)
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s/Mental Retardation
- Psychological Disorder
- Immunocompromised (Chemotherapy/Complex Post Hospital Dc)
- In-Center Non-Compliance And Receiving Hospital Dialysis
- Failed Pd With Complications
- Post Surgery Complications
CONVENIENCE is NOT an Admission Qualifier for the program!