Freedom at Home Dialysis has helped many hospitals decrease the length of stay of their ESRD patients because staff-assisted dialysis was performed in their home or nursing home. On many occasions, patients overstay for weeks or months at the hospital waiting for a dialysis center to accept them. These types of patients are refused by in-center clinics because of tracheostomy, ventilator, wound care or other co-morbidities that hinder safe dialysis treatment at the center. Freedom at Home Dialysis helps these types of patients go home or transfer to a lower costing facility like SNF.
- Cost saving alternative for patients that can’t be discharged from the hospital or LTACH due to dialysis issues, i.e. on tracheostomy, ventilator or no clinic will accept
- An alternative treatment for patients that are on getting “compassionate dialysis care” at the hospital ER due to non-compliance
- Our Rapid Response hospital liaison is available to facilitate early hospital discharge and place patients in our partnered SNF
- The staff assist dialysis program is TRANSITIONAL in nature therefore, patients will be transferred back to the in-center dialysis clinic when the patient is ready or if the patient is able to perform “self-care” home dialysis.
- We are Zero Deficiency on our November 2017 State Survey for Staff Assist Dialysis.
SOME OF OUR STORY:
- Patient T.D., Baylor University Medical Center, over 385 days of hospital stay. Case: tracheostomy and ESRD on dialysis. This patient could have been discharge 180 days early.
- Patient K.H., Presbyterian Hospital – Dallas, over 180 days of hospital stay. Case: trachoestomy and ESRD on dialysis, could have been discharge 60 days early. Discharged to SNF with staff assist dialysis.
- Patient T. K., ETMC Tyler, weekly admission to the hospital for compassionate dialysis. Case: behavioral issues and ESRD on dialysis. Discharge to home with staff assist dialysis.
- Patient P.B., Baylor University Medical Center, over 180 days of hospital stay. Case Fractured Spine, Paraplegic and ESRD on dialysis, could have been discharged 45 days early. Discharged to SNF with staff assist dialysis
- Patient G.H., Kindred Dallas Central, over 400 days at LTACH. Case: Ventilator and ESRD on dialysis. Discharge to home with staff assist dialysis.
Contact us at 972-772-2565 for more information.