Freedom at Home Dialysis had helped various hospitals and LTACH mitigate their Length Of Stay for patients on hemodialysis with open tracheostomy, ventilator, open wound or those patients that simply could not go to the in-center dialysis clinics or has been refused by the clinics for any reason. FAHD also helped patients with acceptable insurance that are on compassionate dialysis care at the hospital. Make Freedom at Home Dialysis be a part of your discharge plan for this kind of patients.
We are Zero Deficiency on our November 2017 State Survey for Staff Assist Dialysis.
BENEFIT TO THE HOSPITAL OR LTACH
- LENGTH OF STAY
Our Staff Assisted Dialysis program can assist with Hospitals & LTACH’s when attempting to discharge difficult dialysis patients with complications such as Tracheostomy, Ventilator, LVAD, behavioral issues, bedbound or simply have no dialysis clinics that will accept the patient.
- EASE ON TRANSFER OF CARE
Freedom at Home Dialysis Staff Assist Dialysis has partnered with several Skilled Nursing Facilities in the Dallas, Ft. Worth Metroplex to help expedite the process of Hospital and LTACH discharges. If the patient is accepted by one of our SNF partners we can see the patient within 48 hours.
- CLINICAL PARTNERSHIPS
Freedom at Home Dialysis Staff Assist Dialysis has partnered with several Board Certified Nephrologists in the Dallas, Ft. Worth and East Texas areas to transitionally care for the patients as needed wherever they will be dialyzed, home or SNF.
- MEDICARE HMO and MEDICAID HMO INSURANCE
Freedom at Home Dialysis through its sister agency Vibrant Home Health Care, a Dialysis Designated Agency is now able to accept and dialyze these patients at home and SNF. Some Medicaid HMO insurance we accept – Amerigroup Star Plus, Superior Star Plus and Molina Star Plus. Include Freedom at home Dialysis in your discharge planning as early as you can.
Examples of how early implementation of our program could reduce the length of stay in Hospitals:
- Patient T.D., Baylor University Medical Center, over 385 days of hospital stay. Case: tracheostomy and ESRD on dialysis. This patient could have been discharge 180 days earlier.
- Patient K.H., Presbyterian Hospital – Dallas, over 180 days of hospital stay. Case: trachoestomy and ESRD on dialysis, could have been discharge 60 days earlier. Discharged to SNF with staff assist dialysis.
- Patient T. K., ETMC Tyler, weekly admission to the hospital for compassionate dialysis. Case: behavioral issues and ESRD on dialysis. Discharge to home with staff assist dialysis.
- Patient P.B., Baylor University Medical Center, over 180 days of hospital stay. Case Fractured Spine, Paraplegic and ESRD on dialysis, could have been discharged 45 days earlier. Discharged to SNF with staff assist dialysis
- Patient G.H., Kindred Dallas Central, over 400 days at LTACH. Case: Ventilator and ESRD on dialysis. Discharge to home with staff assist dialysis.
We accept United Health Care (UHC), CIGNA, AETNA, HUMANA and Amerigroup Star Plus* (Medicaid). On a case-to-case basis, Medicare Managed Care*- UHC Care Improvement Plus, Humana Gold, Amerigroup MMP, Wellcare, and Medicaid Managed Care* – Molina Star Plus and Superior Star Plus. We work with ALL insurances however, we do not accept traditional Medicare and Medicaid at this time.
*serviced by our sister agency, Vibrant Home Health Care, a Dialysis Designated Agency
Contact us at 972-772-2565 for more information.